Monday, November 19, 2012

Counting My Blessings...and They Are Many


I admit it….I am like most people.  I do not give thanks for all of my blessing near enough.  In keeping with my own individual style, I prefer to list them all at once, so here goes (in no real particular order)…



1. Thankful for my Husband who really is a Saint. He puts up with me every day, can cook his own meals, do his own laundry or any other task bestowed upon him. Our journey and every step of it has been taken together. HUGE BLESSING!

2. I am thankful for my first born, Jake. He has taught me to adjust my expectations and always remember to dream big.

3. I am thankful for Joe, for without him I would not have learned to laugh out loud or to practice patience daily.

4. I am so thankful to have my health and hope to continue to take good care of it.

5. I am thankful for “Rocket” our RV. This luxury has given us a freedom that we would not otherwise have to enjoy sights we would never hope to see with 2 Fragile X boys.

6. I am thankful that we have our own business that is prosperous enough to provide us with the things that we need, and often with things we want.

7. Thankful for excellent customers that keep our business running.

8. I am thankful for our home and all of the safety and comforts that it provides.

9. Thankful for all of my family even though we are not close in proximity, they are close in our hearts.

10. I am thankful for the MANY friends that I and we have. Their support and friendship has been unmatched and invaluable.

11. I am thankful for many small things in life like cold drinks, hot showers, crushed ice, straws, toilet paper and other conveniences that we often take for granted.

12. I am thankful to have enough money to live the quality of life we have. Though we are not millionaires, we have enough.

13. I am thankful to live in the beauty of Colorado with all its splendor.

14. I am thankful to live in the United States where there are freedoms far beyond what the rest of the world could dream of.

15. I am so thankful for the gift of support and fellowship that we receive from the Fragile X Community. During our journey, this has been an invaluable gift.

16. I am thankful for technology and the things it has allowed our boys and us to do. 

17. I know I already said I am thankful for my family, but my sister and Mom have been especially important to me. I am thankful for their love and support every day.

18. I am thankful to live in a country where we have a government of the people, even though I may disagree with it about 50% of the time, we have liberty like no other country in the world.

19. The weather is a big thing that we are continuously thankful for. We live in a state where we can enjoy extreme cold, extreme hot, and everything in between. We have never suffered a huge natural disaster and for that I am thankful.

20. It may seem silly, but I am thankful for clean water, fairly clean air and an environment that we can thrive in.

21. I am thankful for the many resources available for our boys. Even though they can often seem lacking, I am reminded that many countries have nothing. 

22. I am thankful for the food we eat, be it too much at times. We can obtain almost anything our heart desires and this in itself is a blessing.

23. I am thankful for the people that serve as Angels to us and our boys (you know who you are).

24. I am very thankful for my own ability to learn, to reason, to have judgment and to be able to make decisions on my own. I am also glad I have inner motivation and a tendency toward the analytical. It’s what makes me who I am!

25. I am thankful to have love. I am fortunate to have the love of my family and friends to surround me when I need it most.

26. I am so happy to have the ability to make choices in life. 

27. I am thankful to have and to have experienced happiness in life and to be able to celebrate it.

28. I am thankful to have the ability to give to others so that I can experience the joy in others.

29. I thankful daily that my boys are relatively healthy and my worries are few.

30. Most of all…I am thankful for life

No comments:

Post a Comment